→ Apply until 29/10/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
→ Department DI02 - Pharmacology, Toxicology and Biochemistry
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201909/DI02/DA/022
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research supporting the tenured academic staff members of the laboratory of pharmacology and toxicology.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
- You will guide Bachelor’s and Master’s students in the practical exercises and Master’s dissertation.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
- You will serve as quality assurance (QA)manager of the bio-analytical laboratory within and outside the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)-quality system.
- You will serve as study director for nonGLP studies for which you are in close contact with external companies.
- You will support toxicological services to the community.
- You will assist in the organization of international scientific conferences.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. doctor of veterinary sciences, doctor of (bio)medical sciences, doctor of pharmaceutical sciences. This list is nonlimitative.
For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research on one or more of the following research topics: bioanalysis (HPLC-UV, LC-MS/MS, LC-HR-MS), (veterinary) pharmacology (e.g. pharmacokinetics) and toxicology.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate.
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programs.
- You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peerreviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
- You work accurately and you have an eye for detail.
- You can work independently as well as in a team and you are flexible in terms of work content and workload.
- You have a positive and teamoriented attitude and you take responsibilities.
- You have the capabilities of leading a research team and are able to further expand that team.
- You treat confidential information discreetly.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a postdoctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 January 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Siska Croubels (Siska.Croubels@UGent.be +32 (0)9/264 73 45) or Prof. Mathias Devreese (Mathias.Devreese@UGent.be +32 (0)9/264 73 47).