→ Apply until 24/09/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
→ Department DI03 - Morphology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 20%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201909/DI03/PA/021
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- You will assist in the practice-based teaching at the department (i.e. organization, counselling and assessment of practical exercises and seminars), specifically the following courses “Studie van de Vertebraten en algemene anatomie van de huisdieren”, “Topografische en klinische anatomie I”, Topografische en Klinische anatomie II, “Celbiologie en Algemene Weefselleer”, “Bijzondere Weefselleer”, “Embryologie en teratologie” (warning: these courses are taught in Dutch).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master in Veterinary Medicine. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are involved in other professional activities and/or you have demonstrable experience that may contribute to the quality of the practice-based teaching at the department.
- You are interested in a teaching assignment in the field concerned.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch language is required as all the practical courses are taught in Dutch.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a 1 year appointment, which may be renewed indefinitely for five years at a time. Attention: You cannot be appointed for a cumulative percentage of more than 30% as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year for a full-time employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv in pdf format
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. dr. Wim Van den Broeck (wim.vandenbroeck@UGent.be, +32 9 264 77 16).