Last application date Feb 29, 2020 23:00
Department RE22 - Department of European, Public and International Law
Employment category Doctoral fellow
Contract Limited duration
Degree Applicants should possess a Masters degree (or equivalent) in law, with demonstrated knowledge of international law, or they should at least demonstrate that they will obtain such degree by September 2020 at the latest.
Occupancy rate 100%
Vacancy Type Research staff
The successful applicant will be involved in a research project pertaining to the legality, under international law, of 'extraterritorial' and 'secondary' sanctions (such as the US sanctions against Cuba and Iran), as well as the various judicial and non-judicial remedies that third States use or could use to counter such sanctions. In particular, the successful applicant is expected to prepare a doctoral thesis within the four-year duration of the project. He or she is expected to submit research output for publication in peer-reviewed academic journals and to participate in the educational and research activities of the Department and of the Ghent-Rolin Jaequemyns Institute (GRILI) in the field of international law. The successful applicant will work at the Ghent law faculty under the supervision of Prof. Tom Ruys and will also conduct a short-term research stay at the University of Utrecht with co-supervisor Prof. Cedric Ryngaert.
- Applicants should possess a Masters degree (or equivalent) in law, with demonstrated knowledge of international law, or they should at least demonstrate that they will obtain such degree by September 2020 at the latest.
- A postgraduate degree (LLM or other) focusing on public international law, international business law, international finance or international relations is an asset;
- Previous research or teaching experience is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset.
- Willingness to support the administrative, teaching and research activities of the Department in a collegial way.
Applicants should submit their application no later than 29 February 2020, including a CV and a letter of motivation. Applicants should list three referees that may be contacted by the Department and are moreover invited to submit a research sample (publication or research paper). Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful applicant will be appointed for a term of four years (subject to a periodic evaluation after 2 years), starting between 1 March and 31 October 2020 (exact starting date to be determined in consultation between the promotor and the successful applicant). The monthly salary will be determined in accordance with the wage indexes of the University.Läs mer
|Titel||Predoctoral researcher - Department of European, Public and International Law|
|Job location||Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33, 9000 Gent|
|Publicerad||januari 9, 2020|
|Sista ansökningsdatum||februari 29, 2020|
|Ämnen||Offentlig rätt,   Handelsrätt,   Internationell rätt,   Finansrätt,   Internationella relationer  |