The Information Management and Data Analysis Unit (IDA) of the Research & Internationalisation Department conducts research into (integrated) research information systems, such as the Flanders Research Information Space (researchportal.be). To this end, IDA develops information models on research and related classifications (research funding, research disciplines, technology domains, research output) in Flemish and European contexts, and ensures their implementation, validation and optimisation. In addition, IDA carries out data analyses on research, using simple to more advanced data science techniques for different stakeholders (university policy, internal and external stakeholders).
- You collect research information (researchers, projects, publications, patents, etc.) from databases and web platforms via web scratching and for this purpose you use SOAP services, among other things,
- You take care of pre-processing (cleaning, integrating, transforming, reducing, discretising, ...) of the data for further analysis;
- You analyse the data with data mining techniques including mainly descriptive analytics (clustering), predictive analytics (classification), textmining and social network analysis, ...;
- You will take care of the visualization of the results obtained and will contribute to their integration in the optimization of information models and classifications of research information, as well as the development of indicators developed by the ECOOM research group;
- You report the research findings in scientific publications, at conferences, ...;
- You will work closely with researchers from UHasselt and ECOOM, the Department of Economy, Science and Innovation and other relevant partners in Flanders and Europe.
- You hold one of the following master's degrees: business engineer/applied economic sciences, computer science, industrial sciences, bio-engineer, .... (or equivalent), supplemented with a doctorate and have a thorough knowledge of and demonstrable experience with data mining techniques.
- You have a good knowledge of R and/or Python (or other advanced analytical tools).
- You are analytically strong and fast in gaining insights into data and data-related processes and can turn this into pragmatic solutions.
- You like to take the initiative and formulate ideas.
- You can work collaboratively and can communicate smoothly and appropriately bilaterally or in group with different stakeholders, both in Dutch and in English.
- You can work in a systematic and accurate manner and meet the set deadlines.
- You are able to build up a relevant network in a targeted manner with a view to achieving the set objectives.
- In order to guarantee the progress of the project, you can make yourself available at short notice.
You will be appointed and paid as post-doctoral researcher.
You will be appointed and remunerated as a doctor-researcher.We offer you a full-time position as a doctor researcher. After a positive evaluation, this position can be extended by means of an already obtained project financing for a period of 4 years.
You can only apply online up to and including 14 November 2019.
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file and an interview.
In addition, a selection test can be taken.
dr. Sadia VANCAUWENBERGH, +32-11-269109, firstname.lastname@example.org
More about working at Hasselt University? Check www.uhasselt.be/vacancies for our staff benefits.