In the framework of its Industrial Research Fund (IOF) and in support of applied research the Antwerp University Association (AUHA) is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy (m/f) as
Valorisation Manager for the IOF domain Infectious diseases & environmental health,
with specific focus on the infectious diseases subdomain.
Scientific-thematic, the focus of the valorisation domain research is focused on the multidisciplinary study of infectious diseases (ranging from preclinical research to clinical studies) with specific attention to the prevention and treatment of bacterial, parasitic and viral infections.
The valorisation manager for the valorisation domain works rather at a strategic level, with a particular focus on starting up ecosystems, developing pre-incubators (such as Vaccinopolis) and acquiring strategic investments from the governments and companies. This position requires strong and proactive cooperation with various stakeholders within and outside the university and sufficient seniority.
- From your valorization management function, you are responsible for insuring and further developing the ecosystem within this Valorisation domain with the intention of:
- guarantee, maintain and stimulate cooperation with industry;
- building up a knowledge and IP portfolio of potential valorizable interest to industry;
- exploring new opportunities for collaboration and valorisation.
- You will collaborate with industry to explore opportunities for new research topics with the aim of capitalizing upon the existing expertise in the IOF valorisation domain.
- As a member of the IOF valorisation domain, you further expand the ecosystem of infectious diseases with other faculties / departments / research groups of the University of Antwerp, the university colleges of the AUHA, SOCs, spearhead clusters, research centers and companies active within the domain of infectious diseases and helps to build national and international networks.
More generally, your activities must always focus on the industrial valorization of new technologies and research results from the IOF valorization domain, with the aim of increasing the IOF parameters of the University of Antwerp and the AUHA colleges: industrial collaborations (P3), EU funding (P4), patents (P5) and spin-offs (P6). The focus for the Valorisation Manager is situated on P3, P4, P5 and P6.
Profile and requirements
- You are holder of a medical/scientific master’s degree (physician, veterinarian, dentist, pharmacist, biologist, biomedical scientist). A doctoral degree in the domain of the IOF Valorisation domain is an additional asset.
- You are familiar with the Flemish Innovation Policy and you have an excellent interaction with national governments, sector organizations, industrial and academic experts.
- Demonstrable experience in valorisation of research related to one or more of the research domains within the IOF valorisation domain:
- Preventive and therapeutic vaccines: clinical research and development
- Development of therapeutics within the domain of infectious diseases (bacteria, viruses and parasites)
- Development of innovative diagnostic tools
- Health economics related to the prevention of infectious diseases
- Development of medical devices
- You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, administrative and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience in both academic and industrial research is a strong asset.
- Experience in attracting external research funding from the private and public sector in the domain of applied research on national as well as international level is desirable.
- Knowledge of technology transfer processes needed to valorise academic research results and available technology as well as experience in managing a broad project portfolio is an advantage.
- Experience with EU projects and the related administration, as well as with various aspects of property rights management is recommended.
- Experience with governments and obtaining strategic financing.
- You are quality-oriented, honest, creative and collaborative.
- Given the challenging position in both national and international context, the candidate is expected to be fluent in Dutch and English. Additional knowledge of French is an asset. A good knowledge of Dutch is required for interaction with the Flemish government and the interpretation and development of policy documents.
- Good knowledge of current MS Office software.
- a permanent contract, depending on a positive evaluation;
- a full time gross monthly salary for a senior profile ranging from €4.872,61 - €8.708,66;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- flexible working hours;
- 40 days of holiday;
- reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel;
- bicycle allowance;
- expected Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
- Please send your application with the mandatory application form, motivated letter and CV to email@example.com and that up to March 30, 2020 at the latest.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The Selection Interviews are planned on April 29,2020 am.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information regarding the IOF can be obtained from Jurgen Joossens (tel. +32-3-265-30-25, Jurgen.Joossens@uantwerpen.be).
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Silvia Lenaerts 03/265 36 93, Silvia.Lenaerts@uantwerpen.be).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.