The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg (UL) is seeking to hire for the Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) a highly motivated and outstanding:
Research support technician in Software engineering (M/F)
The technical support team of the Department of Engineering (DES) is seeking to hire a software engineer to provide support to the research groups. The tasks involve developing, supporting and maintaining software systems. This includes maintenance, testing, quality control and programming of specific features of numerical simulation software, graphical user interfaces and pre/post-processing tools. The tasks also comprise the creation of software-related documentation, tutorials, the administration of computer systems and the participation in research projects and educational activities.
The position strengthens the technical support team for research projects and related teaching activities of the Department of Engineering and therefore contributes to the synergetic cooperation of the different institutes within the department. The tasks might be adapted or changed within the described task framework depending on any future change of the focus in research and education of the DES and the related institutes.
- Linux and command line environment
- Strong programming and software design (object-oriented, ideally C++)
- Software maintenance, compilation and continuous integration (ideally Git, Docker, CMake/CTest)
- Design and programming of Graphical User Interface (ideally Qt)
- Scripting, Data Manipulation, Numerical languages (Python, R, Matlab, ...)
- Familiar with Computational Mechanics and Numerical Methods
- Cloud computing and/or High Performance Computing environments and portals
- Documentation writing LaTeX, Doxygen, ...
Please apply online until 30/04/2020.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.Läs mer
|Titel||Research support technician in Software engineering (M/F)|
|Employer||University of Luxembourg|
|Job location||6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi, L-1359 Luxembourg|
|Publicerad||februari 25, 2020|
|Sista ansökningsdatum||april 30, 2020|
|Ämnen||Informationssystem (affärsinformatik),   Programmeringsspråk,   Programvaruteknik,   Programvarudesign,   Beräkningsteknik  |